- Created on Thursday, 07 September 2017 15:32
- Last Updated on Sunday, 10 September 2017 20:50
- Category: Movies
- Hits: 784
The Hundred Regiments Offensive (百团大战, Bai Tuan Da Zhan), is a 2015 Chinese film directed by Ning Haiqiang and Zhang Yuzhong. It was released in China by August First Film Studio and China Film Group on August 28, 2015.
Original title (Chinese): 百团大战
Phonetic title: Bai Tuan Da Zhan
English title: The Hundred Regiments Offensive
Language: Mandarin, Japanese
Runtime: 111 minutes
Genre: War film, Historical film
Director: Ning Haiqiang, Zhang Yuzhong
Scriptwriter: Dong Zhe, Liu Yingxue
Producer: Zhao Haicheng, Yan Pin
Production company: August First Film Studio, China Film Group
Distribution company: August First Film Studio, China Film Group
Release date: August 28, 2015
In 1940, The Japanese has invaded far into China, defeating the Kuomintang (KMT) soldiers many times and pushing them back into Central China. There was a general sentiment among anti-Japanese resistance forces that the Communist Party of China (CCP) was not contributing enough to the war, and that they were only interested in expanding their power. As a result, the CCP planned a major offensive against the Japanese, consisting of 105 regiments, called the “Hundred Regiments Offensive”.
- Tao Zeru as Peng Dehuai, Deputy Commander of the Eighth Route Army.
- Liu Zhibing as Zuo Quan, Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Eighth Route Army.
- Yin Xiaotian as Yao Shangwu, a soldier in Zhang Zizhong's army, at last, he joined the Eighth Route Army.
- Wu Yue as Liang Shan, a female soldier in the Eighth Route Army.
- Tang Guoqiang as Mao Zedong, Chairman of the Central Military Commission
- Wang Wufu as Zhu De, Commander of the Eighth Route Army.
- Deng Chao as Zhang Zizhong, a general of the Chinese National Revolutionary Army (NRA).
- Ma Xiaowei as Chiang Kai-shek, Generalissimo of the Republic of China.
- Yasuyuki Hirata as Hayao Tada, Commander of the Japanese Imperial Army.